I never used to be a fan of chicken pot pie growing up. I think it was the soggy bread (food textures and I have an interesting relationship haha). However, I found this recipe last year and have made it a couple times. It’s restored my love for pot pie so I figured I would share it with you!
Also, my kids actually eat it and as you know, if my kids will eat it, it’s a keeper!
Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- 1 can of biscuits
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded. (I cook mine in the crockpot all day for juicier/easy shredded chicken)
- 1 bag of frozen mixed veggies
- 2 cans of Cream of chicken soup (or whip up your own- recipe below)
- 2-3 tbsps butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pre-bake biscuits for about 8 minutes.
- Thaw frozen veggies in some butter over med-high heat. Then add shredded chicken and soup mixture. Stir.
- Pour the mix into a 9×13 baking dish.
- Place half-cooked biscuits on top of pie mixture (baked side down).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (or until biscuits are golden brown)
- Remove and let cool before serving.
Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup Recipe
Ingredients for equivalent of 2 cans:
- 2 tbsp flour
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter over med-high heat and whisk in flour.
- Once smooth, whisk in chicken broth and milk and bring to a low boil.
- Keep whisking until mixture is thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste.