Bowers’ Banana Bread Recipe
Bake Time: Bread 60-75 minutes ••Muffins 15-20 minutes.
Yield: 1 loaf of bread or 12 muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce (or use 1/2 cup of canola oil instead)
- 2 Tbspmilk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2-3 ripe bananas (mashed well)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Add flour, baking soda and salt to a small bowl and set aside.
3. Mix egg, sugar and applesauce (or oil) until well-combined.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix.
5. Add milk, vanilla and bananas. Mix until just combined.
6. Pour into greased bread loaf pan or muffin tin.
7. Bake 60-75 minutes for bread loaf or 15-20 minutes for muffins. Or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Banana bread is a huge favorite treat in the Bowers household! It took a little trial and error to find a recipe that we love (and that is tree nut free for my son), but I think we finally landed on a good one! The original recipe I had stumbled upon a few years ago and have been adjusting ever since.
I have made this as regular banana bread but we really prefer the muffin version (easier to grab-and-go on busy mornings)! When I went gluten free for a few months last year I only swapped the regular flour to a gluten free 1:1 flour. My family couldn’t even tell the difference!
Banana bread definitely tastes better when such a cute baker is helping out!
My daughter has recently found a love of cooking and baking with mommy and while it takes a little longer (and is a bit messier), it’s one of my favorite activities too!
What other toddler sensory play offers such scrumptious results? Trust me, it’s worth the extra mess!