Banana bread is a huge favorite treat in the Bowers household! It took a little trial and error to find a recipe that we love (and that is tree nut free for my son), but I think we finally landed on a good one! The original recipe I had stumbled upon a few years ago and have been adjusting ever since.
I have made this as regular banana bread but we really prefer the muffin version (easier to grab-and-go on busy mornings)! When I went gluten free for a few months last year I only swapped the regular flour to a gluten free 1:1 flour. My family couldn’t even tell the difference!
Banana bread definitely tastes better when such a cute baker is helping out!
My daughter has recently found a love of cooking and baking with mommy and while it takes a little longer (and is a bit messier), it’s one of my favorite activities too!
What other toddler sensory play offers such scrumptious results? Trust me, it’s worth the extra mess!
Bowers’ Banana Bread Recipe
Bake Time: Bread 60-75 minutes Muffins 15-20 minutes.
Yield: 1 loaf of bread or 12 muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 Tbspmilk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2-3 ripe bananas (mashed well)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Add flour, baking soda and salt to a small bowl and set aside.
3. Mix egg, sugar and oil until well-combined.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix.
5. Add milk, vanilla and bananas. Mix until just combined.
6. Pour into greased bread loaf pan or muffin tin.
7. Bake 60-75 minutes for bread loaf or 15-20 minutes for muffins. Or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.